Updated 2021 – Top 10 5 Channel Home Audio System With Network Input
Finding your suitable readers for 5 channel home audio system with network input is not easy. You may need consider between hundred or thousand products from many store. In this article, we make a short list of the best readers for 5 channel home audio system with network input including detail information and customer reviews. Let’s find out which is your favorite one.
769 reviews analysed
1. Sony STRDH590 5.2 multi-channel 4k HDR AV Receiver with Bluetooth
- Low-profile design (5 ¼” tall) fits easily into conventional AV cabinet
- FM Radio with 30-station presets: Full-size (1/4″) headphone jack. 4 Stereo RCA audio inputs, 2 digital audio outputs (1 optical and 1 coaxial)
- In the box: Remote (RMT-AA401U), Batteries, FM antenna, Calibration mic (mono)
- 5.2 Ch x 145W per channel (6ohms, 1kHz, 1ch THD 0.9%)
- S-FORCE PRO front surround sound, Dolby TrueHD and dts HD Enhanced Audio Codecs
- Built-in Bluetooth lets you wirelessly stream from other Bluetooth devices
- HDMI 4-in/1-out with Audio Return Channel
- 4K HDR, Dolby Vision compatibility with HDCP 2.2 support
Value for money is the ultimate aim of every person out there. You want the best you can (Or better) for the bucks you pay. In terms of 5 Channel Home Audio System With Network Input, Sony STRDH590 5.2 multi-channel 4k HDR AV Receiver with Bluetooth would be your best bet for getting a value for money. Launched Quite time Ago Sony STRDH590 5.2 multi-channel 4k HDR AV Receiver with Bluetooth was the best-sold product and even today, the sales number speak.
Having such amazing features, all this is bundled up at a cost, which may seem high for few, but is actually very good if you compare its features. Our bet is Sony STRDH590 5.2 multi-channel 4k HDR AV Receiver with Bluetooth would be the Best 5 Channel Home Audio System With Network Input for Money.
- I have had it operational for 2 months now and am still very pleased with the purchase.
- This was added to my sony bravia tv, it has great sound and runs cool but for some unknown (and well documented) reason it turn… Read More
- Expect the quality to be equal to the price the item.
- Other than that i am perfectly happy with the quality, performance and price of this receiver.
- My grandson is as happy as a pig in the wallo.
- I just purchased this sony receiver, along with sony’s recommended 145 watt speakers (center, front, and rear) and 10active sub.
- It’s a decent reciever for the price.
- It’s a sony so a reliable name brand.
- replaced old Sony tuner amp that was giving me problems.
- For the first few months, I was becoming dissatisfied with the Sony receiver. I hooked it up as follows: Sat Receiver (Dish),… Read More
2. 4 Channel Home Theater Bluetooth Preamplifier
- 3000 watt power: the PYLE 4 Channel Bluetooth home stereo receiver preamplifier is perfect for your Karaoke and home entertainment sound system. Gives you 3000W peak that powers up to 4 speakers W/ 4-8 ohm impedance let you enjoy high-quality audio
- Bluetooth-compatible: the professional integrated AM FM stereo receiver for home is equipped w/ Bluetooth wireless music streaming. Works w/ today’s latest devices including iPhone, smartphone, iPad, and computers W/ hassle-free receiver pairing
- Display meter: The PYLE Bluetooth stereo amplifier Receiver preamp has a front panel control center W/ digital LCD display which shows all the functions and input used. Remote control is also included in the package for distant Audio adjustments
- 6 inputs: The speaker amplifier home audio box supports headphone, USB, MP3, AM/FM tuner, aux, front loading CD DVD player, 2 microphone inputs with an echo effect for Karaoke, 2 RCA Audio inputs, RCA output for a subwoofer, and optical Audio output
- E controls: the speaker sound receiver for home stereo has crisp buttons for the audio sources and selectors, Rotary knob for equalization and Master volume adjustments W/ controls for mic, echo, treble, bass, volume, subwoofer controls
If you are the sort of a person who doesn’t compromise on quality and is ready to shell a little extra then 4 Channel Home Theater Bluetooth Preamplifier is your choice. They say you either buy a quality product once or buy cheap products every day, the cost comes to same.
The new 4 Channel Home Theater Bluetooth Preamplifier comes with best Price. It is industry’s most trusted, most preferred and quality 5 Channel Home Audio System With Network Input and it considered as Gold Standard by many users as well as non-users.
If you are looking for a long-time investment with a quality 5 Channel Home Audio System With Network Input then don’t look beyond 4 Channel Home Theater Bluetooth Preamplifier. The product is featured, highlighted and appreciated in Reviews of 5 Channel Home Audio System With Network Input in 2020 and this has been backed by many users.
3. 5 2 Channel Hi Fi Bluetooth Stereo Amplifier
- Digital LCD display: The home theater surround sound receiver System has a built-in LCD display and AM/FM radio. Features front panel control center and integrated over current, short circuit and over voltage protection. Includes remote control
- 5. 2 Channel: the Pyle 5. 2 Channel hi-fi home theater receiver is perfect for your home entertainment system. Gives you 1000 watts peak power to be used for speakers and subwoofers W/ 4-16 ohms impedance, lets you enjoy high quality amplified audio
- 4K UHD TV support: the AV digital amp box is equipped w/ 4K Ultra HD TV, 3D and Blu-ray video pass-through support W/ dedicated RCA subwoofer output. Connect and stream Audio/video from external devices via USB, RCA, 3 HDMI, optical/digital Audio
- Bluetooth-compatible: the professional integrated high powered stereo receiver is equipped w/ Bluetooth wireless music streaming. Works with today’s latest devices including smart phones, iPhone, iPad and computers with hassle-free receiver pairing
- Eq controls: the home amplifier with Bluetooth has 2 ¼” mic inputs with independent input source selection. Equipped w/ next Gen Audio DSP sound processing technology and controls for echo, bass, treble, microphone and volume adjustments
4. Donner Channel Bluetooth Audio Amplifier
- Bluetooth 5.0: The new Bluetooth 5.0 solution increases the stability, sound quality and distance of the product’s Bluetooth connection, making it a true wireless connection device.
- 4-way output: The product has enough power to support 4 groups of 8 speakers with 4-8 ohms and peak power within 50W.
- High-power independent control: It has a stereo power amplifier with peak power of 440W, and four channels are independently controlled.
- Multiple input modes: In order to meet the requirements of users, in addition to the Bluetooth function, the product can also be connected to SD card, USB disk, RCA input, ECHO microphone input and other modes.
- FM function:With automatic search function, you can save up to 50 radio stations. Detailed operating instructions can be found in the manual or contact our customer staff.
Donner Channel Bluetooth Audio Amplifier is a veteran in the market and has been here for a long time. It offers something of a unique feature which no other competitor offers.
Go for Donner Channel Bluetooth Audio Amplifier if you want to try out something of a fusion of new and classic. Fun & Interesting Fact about 5 Channel Home Audio System With Network Input is that even though Donner Channel Bluetooth Audio Amplifier is a veteran, the users are mostly younger generation. You can say fashion makes a turn after a century or so and things repeat.
5. Bluetooth Home Audio Amplifier System
- BLUETOOTH CAPABLE: The personal portable digital amp box works with today’s latest devices including smartphones, tablets, laptops and computers as it is equipped with Bluetooth wireless music streaming with hassle-free receiver pairing
- MULTIPLE INPUTS: The integrated indoor stereo receiver supports iPod or MP3, USB, micro SD, AUX playback, built-in FM radio w/ digital LCD display, audio input and REC + subwoofer output RCA (L/R) connectors. Also features 2 ¼” microphone inputs
- MIC TALK-OVER FUNCTION: The professional sound amplifying device features a MIC talk-over function which when activated the current music or audio being played will be temporarily halted. This function is used in paging, voice-over, and announcements
- POWERFUL 750 WATT: The Pyle 6-Channel Bluetooth Home Audio Amplifier gives you 750W peak power which can be used for multi speakers w/ 4-8 ohms impedance allowing you to enjoy high quality audio. Perfect for your PA and home theater entertainment
- INTEGRATED EQUALIZER: The compact amplifier has crisp buttons for the audio sources and selectors, rotary knob for equalization, mic and master volume adjustments. A remote control is also included in the package for distant audio adjustments
If you are buying a 5 Channel Home Audio System With Network Input for the first time, then you should have Bluetooth Home Audio Amplifier System. It has fewer features when you make 5 Channel Home Audio System With Network Input comparisons of Bluetooth Home Audio Amplifier System with any other 5 Channel Home Audio System With Network Input but what it has is ease of use and best in class service. Go ahead and Grab a 5 Channel Home Audio System With Network Input, grab any 5 Channel Home Audio System With Network Input but if you are first time user and want a good experience do not look anywhere other than Bluetooth Home Audio Amplifier System
- Sound quality is good, and has plenty of power.
- I have been using this system for a few weeks and i am very happy with its performance and quality.
- The sound quality was good, i enjoyed the ability to control each speak’s volume independently.
- The sound quality is great, the ease of use is great, and the price seals the deal.
- Audio controls are easy to manage, and the price is good.
- I figured the price was low enough i could buy one a year if it came down to it.
- It was an amazing price, so i went ahead.
- This review is for a multi-room amp that costs $100 so you need to compare this with other similar devices.
- You can’t go wrong for the money, it’s a bargain compared to other brands out there.
- The unit has several auxilary inputs (3.
- It takes less than 5 seconds to connect once you turn on the system.
- It is great quality, nice and compact and easy to use and love the fact that it is bluetooth so no cords needed to hook up to computer.
- Works as advertised. Set up instructions are difficult to understand and follow.
- This review is for a multi-room amp that costs $100 so you need to compare this with other similar devices.It is currently cont… Read More
- I’ve got a stereo wall and wanted to hook up the speakers to a multi-channel amp. This had all the channels I need and it soun… Read More
6. Pyle Bluetooth Amplifier Streaming Pda6bu
- Ability to Connect & Stream Audio from External Devices
- Max Power Output: 200 Watt at 4 Ohm – Includes Remote Control and FM Antenna
- FM Radio with LCD Display – ID3 Song Tag Readout – USB & SD Readers – USB Doubles as Device Charge Port
- Treble, Bass, Master, Mic Volume Adjustable – ‘Repeat & Random’ Audio File Functions – Folder File Search
- Frequency Response: 20Hz – 20kHz, Frequency Adjustment: +/-10dB. Unique ‘Track / Folder’ Music Search Control Knob
- Bluetooth for Wireless Music Streaming – Works with (iPhone, Android, Smartphones, iPad, Tablets, etc.)
- Aux (3.5mm) Input – (2) 1/4” Mic Inputs, (2) Pair RCA Inputs, (1) Pair Output, (2) Pair Banana Plugs
Pyle Model: PDA6BU
Bluetooth Stereo Amplifier Receiver
Compact Home Theater Digital Audio System with FM Radio, USB & SD Memory Card Readers, Aux (3.5mm) Input, Digital LCD Display, Microphone Inputs, 200 Watt
What’s in the Box:
The Pyle Bluetooth Stereo Amplifier Receiver is the perfect solution for all of your audio needs! Using the latest sound amplification technology, this versatile system is designed to perform and deliver clear, accurate sound. It’s loaded with plenty of audio playback options along with a wide range of device compatibility, so you can connect and play it all! The compact receiver features Bluetooth wireless streaming that works with all of your favorite devices (like a Smartphone, Tablet, Computer, Laptop, etc.). USB Flash and SD Memory Card Readers allow you to quickly stream media from your computer’s media library. Connection Inputs include: Aux (3.5mm) Input, 1/4” Mic jacks, RCA (L/R) Connectors, Banana Plugs, along with a USB port to charge your device. Additional system features include FM Radio, LCD Digital Display, ID3 Digital Song-Tag Readout and an impressive 200 Watt MAX power output! Enjoy versatile and wireless audio streaming ability with the Pyle PDA6BU Bluetooth Stereo Amplifier Receiver System.
- Sound quality is most important to me and this works well on my 200w speakers.
- Am really pleased with quality of sound.
- However, build quality is not the greatest.
- Again, the sound quality is totally dependent on the quality of your speakers.
- My husband bought this for me to go with the victrola he got me a couple months ago because it’s sound alone was not great.
- It’s hard to beat at this price.
- Half of these features are not even on big name brands and if they are they cost 2-3 times as much.
- Even with shipping cost for service added in this is a nice unit for the price.
- Excellent packaging, good set of features and value for the money.
- It’s small footprint let me install it out of the way.
- Powerful little amp that plays from an SD card!
- Bluetooth worse connection and signal
- Good value. Looking to replaced 30 year old Yamaha receiver that died, to deliver amplified sound to analog JBL speakers. Doe… Read More
- Powerful little amp that plays from an SD card!
7. 500W Karaoke Wireless Bluetooth Amplifier
- 7 INPUTS: The personal portable digital amp box supports iPod or MP3, USB, micro SD, AUX playback, built-in FM radio with digital LCD display, audio input and REC, plus subwoofer output RCA (L/R) connectors, 2 ¼” microphone inputs with echo
- BLUETOOTH-COMPATIBLE: The professional integrated indoor house stereo receiver is equipped w/ bluetooth wireless music streaming. Works w/ today’s latest devices including smartphones, tablets, laptops and computers with hassle-free receiver pairing
- TALK-OVER BUTTON: The compact speaker amplifier features a MIC talk-over function which when activated, the current music or audio being played will be temporarily halted. This function is used in paging, voice-over, and announcements
- EQ CONTROLS: The sound amplifying device has crisp buttons for the audio sources and selectors, rotary knob for equalization, mic and master volume adjustments. A remote control is also included in the package for distant audio adjustments
- 500 WATT POWER: The Pyle 4 Channel Bluetooth Home Audio Amplifier is perfect for your PA and home theater entertainment. It gives you 500W peak power which can be used for multi speakers w/ 4-8 ohms impedance allowing you to enjoy high-quality audio
500W Karaoke Wireless Bluetooth Amplifier is another one which falls under 5 Channel Home Audio System With Network Input for money. It is most regularly advertised product and we see ads of it almost everywhere. In the past, 500W Karaoke Wireless Bluetooth Amplifier ’s parent company decided to launch a new line of 5 Channel Home Audio System With Network Input and that is what has revived them. 500W Karaoke Wireless Bluetooth Amplifier has really upgraded itself to the current style and market changes and the best part of 500W Karaoke Wireless Bluetooth Amplifier is amazing features.
- So far very happy with this product.
- Very easy to connect to any device and the sound quality is great.
- The sound quality is very good , the bt doesn’t work that well when your far , the remote is decent.
- Once hooked up, the quality of the music was perfect and clear!
- The price was right and it performs well.
- The pyle pta44bt is a great product for the price.
- I’m currently pushing four 12in with tweeter and mid range for each no problems what so ever!
- All the features and performance of the high price units for a lot less.
- Love amp recommend to others easily operated
- It sounds is so good perfect for our food truck.
8. Home Audio Power Amplifier System – 2X120W Mini Dual Channel Mixer Surround Sound Stereo Receiver Box w/ RCA, AUX, Mic Input – For Amplified Speakers, PA, CD Player, Theater – Pyle PTA4
- Master Volume Control – Balance Control – Bass and Treble Tone Controls – Switchable AUX1/AUX2/CD and RCA Input – 1/4” MIC Input Jack
- 3.5mm Aux CD/MP3 Input Jack – 1/4” Phone Jack – MIC Volume Control
- PAGER/MIXING MODE: The mini integrated indoor AV receiver features pager and mixing switch. In pager mode, the signal from the microphone will override to auto talkover, use for hosting and meetings. Switch to mixing mode for a fun karaoke session
- RCA REC Output – Four Push Type Speaker L/R Terminals – 110/220 Voltage Selector
- PUSH TYPE SPEAKER TERMINAL: The surround sound amplifying mixer device lets you easily connect speaker wires directly to the amplifier. The total speaker impedance must be at least 4 Ohm per channel at stereo mode
- EQ CONTROLS: The improved professional compact bookshelf sound amplifier features crisp and responsive button for power switch and rotary knob controls for mic volume, balance, bass, treble, master volume, and input source
- 2x120W RMS at 4-ohm – Blue LED Output Level Display – Power ON LED Indicator
- 4 INPUTS: This personal digital amp box supports various external sources – 3 pairs RCA audio input for tuner, CD player, tape deck, camcorder or VCR, 1/4″ microphone IN, 1/4″ headphone jack input. Also features a REC output for recording
- Dimensions:8.27”W x 2.72”H x 5.39”
- 2X120 WATT POWER: The Pyle Dual Channel Stereo Amplifier is perfect for your PA and home theater acoustic surround sound system. Gives you 2x120W power which can be used for multi speakers w/ 4 ohm impedance, enjoy high quality amplified audio
Home Audio Power Amplifier System – 2X120W Mini Dual Channel Mixer Surround Sound Stereo Receiver Box w/ RCA, AUX, Mic Input – For Amplified Speakers, PA, CD Player, Theater – Pyle PTA4 is present in top 10 since a long time. In terms of customer satisfaction and ease of use, Home Audio Power Amplifier System – 2X120W Mini Dual Channel Mixer Surround Sound Stereo Receiver Box w/ RCA, AUX, Mic Input – For Amplified Speakers, PA, CD Player, Theater – Pyle PTA4 wins the users. Most of them who buy Home Audio Power Amplifier System – 2X120W Mini Dual Channel Mixer Surround Sound Stereo Receiver Box w/ RCA, AUX, Mic Input – For Amplified Speakers, PA, CD Player, Theater – Pyle PTA4 once wont by anything else although it offers very limited features and specifications.
The only reason for brand loyalty is ease of use. This product had a special mention in Reviews of 5 Channel Home Audio System With Network Input in 2020 for not expanding user base but definitely not loosing any. The shift of people from 5 Channel Home Audio System With Network Input to any other 5 Channel Home Audio System With Network Input is least.
- The quality of the build is amazing.
- Easy to use, still a professional quality product.
- After installing this small but powerful amp, i was very happy by the power and sound quality.
- The product arrived a day after ordering it.
- I figured for the price i couldn’t really lose!
- Works great for a wearhouse pa system
- Great performance and even a greater value.
- love this amp was looking for a small amp and this will work out perfectly
- The product arrived a day after ordering it. It is extremely simple to use. I use to play music under my gazebo outside. It pla… Read More
- *Received AS GIFT* Pyle PTA4 works flawlessly. It is a piece of cake to connect using the Bluetooth wireless connection. I ca… Read More
9. Yamaha R-N303BL Stereo Receiver with Wi-Fi Bluetooth & Phono Black, Works with Alexa
- Works with Alexa for voice control (Alexa device sold separately)
- Simple and sophisticated design with two channels of 100 W high-power output. Minimum RMS Output Power : 100 W + 100 W (8 ohms, 40 Hz-20 kHz, 0.2 percentage THD)
- Optical and coaxial Audio inputs for TV. Frequency Response-0 ± 0.5 dB / 0 ± 3.0 dB. FM Signal-to-Noise Ratio (Mono/Stereo)-65 dB / 64 dB
- Access to your music library, Pandora, Spotify, SiriusXM internet radio, Tidal and Deezer
- Wi-Fi, wireless direct, Bluetooth, airplay, and musiccast multiform Audio
- Phono input terminals for Turntables voice control using your Alexa device like echo or echo dot
Yamaha R-N303BL Stereo Receiver with Wi-Fi Bluetooth & Phono Black, Works with Alexa is again a mid of quality and price. It offers limited features in this pricing. There is another variant of Yamaha R-N303BL Stereo Receiver with Wi-Fi Bluetooth & Phono Black, Works with Alexa which falls into premium category but Yamaha R-N303BL Stereo Receiver with Wi-Fi Bluetooth & Phono Black, Works with Alexais specifically targeted for mid-segment.
Yamaha R-N303BL Stereo Receiver with Wi-Fi Bluetooth & Phono Black, Works with Alexa offers such a amazing features which makes it better than 70% of 5 Channel Home Audio System With Network Input available in the market today. Yamaha R-N303BL Stereo Receiver with Wi-Fi Bluetooth & Phono Black, Works with Alexa was our personal favorite and was voted as most admired product in TOP 10 Best 5 Channel Home Audio System With Network Input to Buy in 2020 – TOP Picks. We hope it makes to that list again this year.
- The sound quality is exceptional for a receiver at this price.
- Sound quality was better than expected for the price.
- Pros sound quality full feature remote number of presets (40) integration with many streamings services,alexa and google ho… Read More
- Lastly, the streaming is through wifi so you are not dealing with the limited range and in/out capabilities of bluetooth.
- Sound quality is excellent, but of course your mileage may vary depending on the rest of your rig.
- The workaround for the non-hd problem is to pick up the feed on line with the net radio feature.
- I love this product and it was a great price.
- Work well right out of the box.
- If i leave for 30 mins and come back i have to turn off and turn on the reciever to connect to my phone again.
- Received this as part of a birthday package from my wife, along with yamaha n-6490 bookshelf speakers, an audiotechnica at-lp12… Read More
- It doesnt like the yamaha reciever, no biggie two different generations.
- The musiccast app’s annoyances and lack of a windows version are *almost* enough to cost an overall star.
- You can only play the same source on the speakers and cannot turn off/on a zone from the musiccast app.
- If you have a nas or pc acting as a music server, getting that working is pretty painless if you have a phone that can run musi… Read More
- Hard to find a stero only system as most things are for home theater, some of which set ups are great for explosions and gunsho… Read More
- I love it use the stereo when watching TV and music
- I use primarily at this to stream Fortify from office computer into living room. Will soon connect TV. Would have given 5 ST… Read More
- Purchased mainly on the strength of the back-panel photo, this thing handles complexity like a champ.It easily swaps between MP… Read More
- great addition to any home theater system
10. Wireless Home Audio Amplifier System
- 6 inputs: The personal portable digital amp box has a USB flash drive/ SD card Reader for MP3/ WMA playback, aux input, dual 1/4” microphone in, and RCA connector. It also has FM radio with digital LCD Channel display, push Type speaker connector
- 600 watt power: the Pyle 6-channel home audio amplifier is perfect for your PA and home theater entertainment. It gives you 600W peak power which can be used for multi speakers W/ 4-8 ohms impedance allowing you to enjoy high quality Audio
- Bluetooth compatible: The professional integrated indoor stereo receiver is compatible with wireless Bluetooth and works with latest devices including smartphones, tablets, Laptops and computers. It also has a headphone jack for audio monitoring
- Talk-over button: The compact pa amplifier features a mic talk-over function which when activated, the current music or audio being played will be temporarily halted. This function is used in paging, pa, voice-over, and announcements
- Eq controls: the sound amplifying device has Rotary knob and crisp buttons for treble, bass, Master volume, echo, mic volume, mic tone configuration and source input mode selector. A remote control is also included in the package for distant control
Last but not the least, if you haven’t liked any of the 5 Channel Home Audio System With Network Input yet, then Wireless Home Audio Amplifier System is your choice. It is another one which is Best 5 Channel Home Audio System With Network Input Under 100$ and 5 Channel Home Audio System With Network Input comparison have showed it has ranked best in past based solely on its features. Wireless Home Audio Amplifier System offers best features and although it does not have, Wireless Home Audio Amplifier System’s feature is unbeatable. We would recommend you to go ahead with this if you want an all rounder Best 5 Channel Home Audio System With Network Input Under 100$
Music lovers always appreciate good sound quality, and an AV (audio/video) receiver provides you with a nonpareil experience. The market is inundated with gadgets every day, and it is not easy to buy one without doing a little homework. If you want to get the most out of your home entertainment system, an audio/video receiver (AVR) is a must. It is the focal point of a home theater system. You need an AVR for a multitude of tasks, ranging from supplying power to your speakers to enabling surround sound. Having a clear idea of the features that you should be looking for is the first step towards making a suitable choice. To make your research easier, we have devised a useful guide to help you buy the best AV receiver, after going through thousands of AV receiver reviews on the Internet.
The best AVRs can be classified on the basis of the number of audio inputs and output ports that they feature, the number of channels that they support, and the number of speakers they can power.
5.1 Channel–It is the basic model that support five speakers and one sub-woofer.
7.1 Channel–This model supports two additional speakers, making it a total of seven, and a sub-woofer for a richer sound.
7.2 Channel–This is one of the best AVRs, designed for larger rooms and higher configuration home theater systems. It supports an additional sub-woofer for a more even distribution of sound.
9.2 Channel– This is the latest AV receiver that supports up to nine speakers and two sub-woofers.
Warranty: Most users would recommend choosing a product with a reliable warranty. When you invest a substantial amount of money in an appliance, you would like to have the benefit of easy replacement of parts in the event of any manufacturing defects.
Ease of use: Using all the features to your best advantage is only possible if you understand them clearly. It is quite clear that most users prefer user-friendly interfaces that can be regulated with ease.
Stay away from cheap products: Most users would recommend that you should always opt for reliable brands that offer quality products and best after-sales services.
What to consider before buying an AV receiver
Today’s market is filled with many types of AV receivers and an equally high number of features—which can leave you perplexed as to which one to choose. We have put together a few factors for you to consider before you make a purchase:
Check the number of inputs: Opt for an AV receiver that comes with at least six input points. This, indeed, is the most important feature to be considered. Also, ensure there are a number of HDMI inputs, as most of the gadgets you use today are HDMI devices.
Do not go by the latest model: Decide on the model based on the features you would really need. With each new model, new features get added: Airplay streaming, Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, Dolby Atmos, etc.–the list goes on. However, wireless capabilities, streaming features, and a USB port can be considered necessary—don’t compromise on those features.
Decide on the stereo/surround option: Opt for stereo if the purpose of the AV receiver is to listen to quality music. An AV receiver with a surround mode is meant for home theater use. Although a stereotype receiver is old-fashioned, it is the ideal one if you plan to listen to music only. You can save a substantial sum of money by not buying the surround type–unless, of course, you feel you really want it.
Check the power: This determines the quality of sound transmitted by your receiver. A high-wattage receiver will provide better sound quality even at low and medium volumes. Keep in mind the size and sensitivity of your speakers while selecting an AVR. Also, you should consider the size and design of the room in which you are planning to set up your equipment before making a decision about the relevant amplification.Buy the receiver that is powerful enough for accommodating the connected speakers, as well as the room in which it is located. The larger the room, the more the power that is required. Also, with the “All channels driven” specification, you can be sure that sound will be amplified to all channels.
Check connectivity – The ideal AVR should have an adequate number of input and output ports to accommodate all your equipment, as well as some spare ports. The technology to look out for in this department is HDMI (High-definition Multimedia Interface), which gives you the best video and audio output. Your AVR should feature digital connections–you should also ensure that it has the correct inputs, keeping in mind the equipment you plan to connect to it.
Ensure adequate features– Typically, AVRs incorporate several features to regulate the quality of audio and video output. Multi-channel stereo, traditional surround sound and simulated environments such as jazz club and concert hall environments are the buzzwords in audio capability. Latest video capabilities include 3D streaming, multi-screen display, and video processing. Making a list of features that you require may narrow down your choices.
Latest fads: Bluetooth, Airplay, Song Pal and Wi-Fi are some of the features to look for. Bluetooth connectivity allows you to connect your AVR with any kind of Bluetooth-enabled device for streaming audio and visual files. Airplay connectivity is limited to Apple products. SongPal is a Sony app that allows you to stream music from your smartphone. Wi-Fi is another useful feature that you would like to have to access your home Internet connection without the use of an external Ethernet cable.
Interface: The wide range of features would not be of any use if you cannot figure out the way to use them optimally. The best AVRs come with a user-friendly graphical interface that is easy to understand and regulate.
Calibration: A number of AVRs now offer automatic calibration that checks and configures systems and settings on their own. This feature makes life easier, especially if your knowledge of audio-video systems is limited.
Pioneer, established in 1938 in Japan, is one of the leading manufacturers of the best quality musical equipment.
Yamaha is a Japanese company that has grown to become the world’s largest manufacturer of a range of musical instruments, audio/visual products, and other related products.
Onkyo Corporation from Japan is known for their musical equipment and AVRs. Their advanced products are very popular with users.